Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian housing organization. The work of Habitat for Humanity is driven by the desire to give tangible expression to God’s love through the work of eliminating poverty housing.
Habitat for Humanity partners with individuals of all faiths, or no faith. Habitat provides an opportunity for people to put their faith into action and to bring diverse groups of people together to build homes and community.
Churches, temples, mosques and coalitions of diverse faith groups partner to provide support to Habitat for Humanity’s local and global mission each year by contributing volunteers and financial resources.
HABITAT’S FAITH IN ACTION
We are a faith based organization that builds homes in partnership with families; giving them a hand up, not a hand-out, and thereby honoring their God given dignity and encouraging them to work hard with us towards a shared goal of creating a safe and secure home for their children to grow up in.
• Faith Coalitions - Come together in a coalition of congregations to build a Habitat for Humanity house in King County. Coalitions raise the money and provide the labor and prayer support to build a house in partnership with a local family.
• Interfaith Build – Join a diverse group of partners from various King County faith centers in developing cross-religious respect, in acting on universal calls of faith through volunteer building, and in advocating on issues of substandard housing.
• Volunteer- lend a hand building houses, serving on committees or helping in the office. Skilled and unskilled workers are welcome.
• Family Support – partner with families selected for a Habitat home. Tutor, mentor and work alongside families as they build and learn about becoming a homeowner.
• Donate – support Habitat through fund raising and offerings – become a financial partner – sponsor a roof, a room or a whole house.
• Education & Advocacy – tell the story about substandard housing and the mission of Habitat – in your church and in your community.
• Pray – pray continually for the work of Habitat; for volunteer’s safety on the jobsite, Habitat families, staff and donors.
Learn more about some of our current Faith Partners.
If you would like more information about building on faith with Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County, call 206-292-5240 Ext. 122.